Saturday, August 2, 2008

We're still here!

So I have been so bad at posting lately. Life has been quite hectic. I'm not sure what I've been doing, but its something really important I'm sure. So Natalie has been quite hilarious this week and tonight she was really cracking me up! I was preparing a lesson for sharing time, I'll get back to that later, and Natalie says, Come here guys, I need you. So we go back to the back room where she likes to pretend her house is (apparently she is in need of her own house, caus this house isn't big enough for the three of us!) We get back there and we're like, whats going on? She goes, "look at my river" which is apparently in the hallway which we were unaware of. So we're like, that is so cool, does it have any fish in it. She says "no, it doesn't have fish, is has shark in it dad" Oh excuse us, shark, who would have known. Then she proceeds to make her father swim down the river in the shark infested waters. Luckily he came out alive, but I can't say the same for her Barbie who was downstream. She has had some very hilarious things to say these past few weeks, such as, "What, Mickey is over, I can't believe it. You've got to be freakin kidding me", along with "Mom Dante (our dog) has a funny face. The white is all over and crazy. He's all jacked up" or "It's okay if you want to go to town mom. Its just over there, I'll drive you in my convertible car" Yes, I'm sure she is getting these things from me,well except the convertible car (I only wish!) and no I am not proud of it!

So back to my sharing time lesson. The reason why I am preparing a sharing time lesson is because I am the newest Primary President of our ward. Yes folks, you heard me right, me, Primary President. I'm not going to lie to you, I am scared to death! But, I am very excited as well! It will be an experience like none I have had before. I pray I can be a wonderful leader for all the great children in our ward. It will be quite the growing experience for me I'm sure! AS you can see from the above quotations from my adorable 2 year old, I am in need of some spiritual growth, so the Lord has big plans for me! I hope I can learn and grown and take some important lessons away from this experience!!! I think the hardest part of the job thus far is teaching sharing time! I think I'm scared of little children. When I developed this fear I do not know, but wow I haven't been that frightened in some time!

13 comments:

Jessica said...

You will be a great primary president!!!! Dont let the little people scare you, At lease you didnt get called to relief socity president, that to me would be even scarier!!

Steven said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You should have stood up, screamed and ran out!!!! OOOHHH, girl....call Heidi, she was the BEST. I know, Heidi, this and Heidi that...but really been in two presidencies now and she was sooooo great!

The Buhler Family said...

You are going to be great, Mel! I, too, share your fear of little children. Not sure how that's possible, but I HATED doing sharing time and conducting. Just make the kids laugh. And believe me they will - every time you trip, say the wrong word, etc. Have fun and enjoy the little ones while you wait to be called as RS Pres.

Melissa said...

Thanks girls for all the support! It will be great! I am not afraid, well maybe just a little! I am very excited though and I have a great bunch of women to help me out in the Presidency so it will be wonderful!!!

Joel and Dacia said...

Natalie is so cute, I love her little one-liners! I'm sure you will do a great job as primary president, but I can see how that calling would induce the fear of children where it didn't exist before. Don't worry though, you'll do great. You're so good with kids!

Katie staten said...

You will be wonderful. I'd LOVE to have that calling right now. I'll switch immediatly. I too am in a Presidency, called about 8 weeks ago (then I left for 3 of them). I got the afore mentioned one that you wouldn't want to have.
Love the children and they will love you. It is such a fun experience, the children are so full of the Spirit, and they are so eager to learn, (so much so that they can't even sit still in their seats:)) Good luck and enjoy it.

Katie staten said...

hey I realized that I'm not on your blog list. Would you like to know what it is?

Melissa said...

Well I have found your blog, and am adding to my list as we speak!! Nice to hear from you! Thanks for all the support girls. I am very excited, and as much work as it will be it will be very rewarding!!!

Amber said...

First, we need to get together for a play date because the things your daughter says remind me soo much of how Cora speaks! Or maybe that is why we shouldn't get them together. Cora might be a bad influence! So funny though. Oh and how fun to be Primary President. I still remember my days in Primary. So much fun and I know you will do great things!

Carrie said...

Melissa! I've been busy and finally got around to checking blogs! What BIG news! You'll do great, but I do agree with Tammy that you should've screamed and run away! Good luck!

SweetAbbs said...

Liss- so good to see you the other night. I just wanted to share a website that came in very handy to me when I was doing sharing time. It is www.eprimary.dk and when you get there click on English and it takes you in. I don't know if they have the most recent sharing time stuff but they have lots of object lessons, clip art and ideas. Hope it helps! You'll be great.

Melissa said...

Well we should get her and Cora together, I'm sure they would get along great. I'm not sure any child could be a bad influence on mine, she seems to come buy the naughtiness quite naturally!!

Thanks Abby for the website, I will check it out!

Sydney said...

Congrats Melissa you'll do great. You were basically in primary anyway so you know the kids, you know the routine, you'll be a natural!

Who's your presidency?