Friday, November 14, 2008

Has it been a month?

So everyone keeps telling me I need to give you all an update on whats going on with us. Sorry I have been out for so long, its been a long month! We are doing well, and have been very busy lately. Still haven't sold the house, but we're okay with that. Here's a picture of Natalie's Halloween costume that my sister and I made her. She wanted to be a mermaid so here's our attempt!



Natalie and I went on vacation without Shaun. We went to visit my sister in Oklahoma, and had a great time. We went to a animal rescue place in Tulsa where we were able to touch some amazing animals. Natalie was able to pet and feed a zebra, a kangaroo, an aligator (not feed it of course!), a deer, and some different types of snakes. She loved to kangaroo, and he was so friendly he was eating out of her hand!! It was on of the best experiences that Natalie and I have had together and she's such an animal lover she never wanted to leave. They also had some lions, tigers, and other wild cats there which you were able to feed raw chicken to through a chain link fence. It was amazing!! Very cool experience! There were some monkeys on leashes that we were able to get up close to, and a lynx on a leash that we were able to see.
While we were in Oklahoma we went to the Little Sahara there and road dune buggies and 4-wheelers on the dunes. It was awesome. Our 2 year old is now convinced she needs a 4-wheeler, and would spend the rest of her life in the desert if she could. She went on some dune buggie rides, and was even able to do some small jumps off the dunes with the person driving her. She was laughing and smiling the whole time!!
We're back now from vacation and back to real life. I've been busy with the primary program, which is now done thank goodness! Here's some pictures of our adventures over the last month. We also went horseback riding with some friends here in town, and that was a great experience as well. Thanks Misty!!!









4 comments:

Steven said...

Wow, lots of fun. I'm so glad that you were able to go see your sister. Thanks for sharing the ticket with Steven. He had a great time with Shaun. Last Friday I was trying to call you, but couldn't find you number since I fried my cell phone and was in the middle of canning applesauce. But know I was thinking about you.

JoanneK said...

Wonderful update Melissa! Sound like you had a lot of fun in Tulsa! I used to live near there in Wichita Falls, Texas (just a 2 hour drive from Tulsa. Girls vacations are the best, plan for more!!! Good luck selling your home! That mermaid costume is amazing, you did a great job!

Andrea said...

Yay your back! :) I bet Natalie LOVED those animals... did you ever get her the pet goat? haha Kennady was talking about Natalie the other day, it was so cute. Out of no where she goes "Natalie is my friend, I miss her". So you better still be close to mtn. home when we come to visit, or Kennady will be heartbroken! haha

Melissa said...

Don't worry, we're not going too far! We haven't even sold our house so we may still be here when you come visit! Natalie was just talking about Kennady last night, and said, I want to go see Kennady, can she come over to our house tonight. it was funny!